Digging up the right data (at 225 metres below the Earth’s crust!)
As an E&I engineer, you will be responsible for the measurement instruments in our underground Hades laboratory and the on-site electrical installations. You will contribute your expertise in relation to research experiment set-ups and advise our scientists on existing or new innovative measuring techniques and sensors.
- You will have knowledge of electrical installations, be able to carry out electrical calculations (Caneco) and develop electrical diagrams (Eplan). You will have knowledge of the AREI regulations.
- You will manage the measurement equipment in the underground HADES research facility, and you will be responsible for, calibration, monitoring measurements, validation, keeping an inventory of the instruments and reporting the measured data.
- You will design and implement experiments that enable our scientists to gather the right data.
- You will regularly work in our underground laboratory located 225m below the Earth's surface.
- You will support research in an internationally orientated setting, working in collaboration with other teams from SCK•CEN, European research institutions and universities.
- You will be involved in the production of technical reports and scientific articles, and produce reports on the evaluations of measurement techniques and experimental set-ups.