The process engineer supports the project engineer in our expert group Experimental Rig Design for the design, construction, test and operation of experimental irradiation equipment and facilities.
More specifically, he/she
- manages the drafters during the design of the ‘In-Pile Section’ (IPS) of the irradiation equipment and checks the drawings;
- carries out the mechanical analysis in accordance with the ASME VIII;
- designs the process part (‘Out-of-Pile Equipment’, OPE) of the irradiation experiment, based on the process description by drawing up a comprehensive P&ID and working it out mechanically;
- draws up the description for process control, jointly with the instrumentation engineer;
- chooses and buys the necessary components for the construction of the OPE;
- helps draw up the necessary technical documents for internal use and for public procurements;
- follows up the construction of the experiment, and in doing so works closely with the assembly engineer, as well as draws up the company manual, the operation procedures and test procedure for the experiment;
- carries out functional tests;
- supports the security officer with the necessary tests;
- coordinates the installation of the experiment in the reactor building;
- provides training of the operators and support in carrying out the experiments.