The Belgian Nuclear Research Centre, SCK•CEN, has 60 years of experience in fundamental and applied research in peaceful applications of radioactivity. Developing a CRO for radiopharmaceutical services, we are committed to providing an outstanding research and services to our customers. Furthermore, we offer excellent training and career development opportunities, encouraging growth from within our talented workforce.
We have a vacancy within our preclinical monitoring program for an experienced preclinical research associate to join our Radiobiology Team.
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and developing CRO in the radiopharmaceutical field. Your work will be devoted to setting up and coordinating the preclinical programs at in vitro and in vivo level. Making an impact in radiodiagnostics and targeted radiotherapy, training and development will be provided to progress in your career. The SCK•CEN Radiobiology Unit offers a dynamic environment that will allow you to develop your current skill set and experience.
More specifically, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the development of the preclinical programs in a new radioactive facility within the Radiobiology Unit devoted to in vitro and in vivo research and CRO activities
- Develop toxicology strategies and key safety criteria for drug development programs to support each program’s progression through different stages, including “Go/No Go” decisions in preparation of the IMPD appropriate documentation required for the approval of clinical trials
- Ensure appropriate and timely design, initiation, execution and reporting of preclinical studies (exploratory and GLP)
- Represent the preclinical safety assessment function on development teams and support the design and implementation of preclinical programs
- Ensure compliance of the preclinical study protocol requirements within the appropriate regulatory and ethical guidelines and standards
- Prepare and present the preclinical protocols to the Ethical Committee and the Animal Welfare Committee
- Help identify and hire appropriate consultants where needed