According to the MYRRHA implementation plan, a 100 MeV linac will be constructed first and shall be upgraded to a 600 MeV accelerator connected to the MYRRHA reactor in a later phase.
In this first phase of the MYRRHA project (2016 – 2024), the 100 MeV linear proton accelerator will be coupled to a proton target facility (PTF) for the production of (medical) radioisotopes and ISOL-applications. The buildings and all auxiliary systems required to operate such facility, the so-called Balance of Plant (BOP), will be constructed at SCK•CEN site in Mol.
As PTF Lead Engineer you will be responsible for the technical management and the implementation of the proton target facility from the design to the construction and commissioning phases at the SCK•CEN site.
- You are the technical leader who manages and drives the design and implementation of the PTF and coordinates the technical contributions of the involved national and international partners (research and industry);
- you define and coordinate all technical aspects in view of preparing the construction phase of the PTF and ensure that the PTF requirements/targets are met;
- you define the technical tasks and delegate them amongst the PTF engineers, you empower them to carry out the tasks, you monitor the implementation of the tasks according to the scope and within time and budget;
- you manage the PTF technical interphases with the technical activities of related units;
- you ensure that the PTF safety requirements are met and that the PSAR deliverables are provided by closely collaborating with the Licensing Manager;
- you take care of the technical contacts with the partners and you define actions when appropriate;
- you ensure a regular reporting of the overall progress of the PTF technical activities to the head of the unit.